Logo

1968 35 gamefisher power loss

jojo663

"my 3.5 21759900 1968 gamefish

"my 3.5 21759900 1968 gamefisher acts like it's flooding because after running awhile gas begans to come from the weep hole on the side of the carb, motor has been running great in test tank and starting on the first or second pull usually when cold somtimes it takes three or four. I went out fishing last friday and it did not want to start until I removed the plug and added a little pre-mix to the cyl. after that it would start on the first or second pull but the motor would not reach high speed rpm's it sounded like it was bogged down, I adjusted the lower adjustment by turning to the right until it began to sputter then back to the left until it began to fall off then back between to two until i got the best rpm, but still would not run up to high speed rpm also did the same with the top adjustment which is labeled richer-leaner. carb has been rebuilt fuel lines replaced ( not the primer bulb which does not pump up hard it acts like it's pumping both ways i.e. to motor,-to tank,) maybe a bad check valve there. this is new fuel mixed at 16:1 for this motor, maybe need to add more fuel less oil????? like I said it's been running great in the test tank and just acted up when I took it out, also float is about level with carb body when needle valve is closed. any ideas anybody????? this has me baffled. also plug does not look wet when pulled and I saved the motor from dying a couple of times by quickly pulling choke and easing it back in, so again i'm not sure it's flooding and this is a new plug only used in test tank and this one time out
uhoh.gif
snow.gif
"

Back