Logo

1993 90 hp Nissan

It's not important as to w

It's not important as to what the number is. It just needs to be within 5 lbs on each of the cylinders.

"The compression numbers are 1

"The compression numbers are 130 , 120 and 120. The motor cranks and runs fine. I did notice that in the neutral position the motor would try to stop when I tilt the motor up. No major rust anywhere. He is asking $1000 for the boat and motor with no trailor. I measured the shaft length from the cavitation plate to the mounting bracket and it measured 23". I never heard of anything but 20" and 25" shafts. It is on a 17 VIP tunnel hull. What do you think?"

"It's border line. Your a

"It's border line. Your a little too low for my taste on the bottom two. Some techs will tell you that your still okay at that point, but there is a reason those two are that much less...It's not a good reason."

"Need help. We have a 93 90hp

"Need help. We have a 93 90hp Nissan on our 24ft pontoon boat. Bought used. Ran fine first summer. Last summer it started running alright until you got up to 3000 rpm, then it would shut down. This year so far, same thing, except now, once you start it, when you put it in gear, it shuts down within a few seconds. We have a waterpump ordered, do you think this is the problem?"

"but that might work if you ha

"but that might work if you have your head up your....well you know
lol.gif
"

"Shannon,

Seriously, the wa

"Shannon,

Seriously, the water pump couldn't be related to your problem and while the medical analogy was flippantly funny...It had the benefit of accurately portraying the relative relationship of cause and effect. Think in terms of troubleshooting the engine to find out which of the engines systems is actually causing the problem and the free advice gallery would direct you towards the fuel system."

Back