Logo

150 hp force engine doesnt go fast any more

cole_t

have a 150 hp force engine out

have a 150 hp force engine out board. starts fine. idles good. trolls fine at low speeds. but when i punch it it goes for sec than boogges out and after a min it trys to go fast again rpms jump and mphs but than it boogs down. any one have answers it would help alot thanks

have you tried to run the moto

have you tried to run the motor with the cowl off?Give it a shot and see if it makes any difference. Let us know if it helps. Turboman

"Cole,
If your fuel deliver

"Cole,
If your fuel delivery is OK try ruling out the easy stuff first. You might try looking for loose wires especially grounds. Check for any wires rubbing while turning the steering lock to lock. Do the same for your throttle and tilt/trim motion. Also check any plug connectors for corrosion. Tighten any loose screws on terminals, etc. If you find nothing suspect, just to rule out, try disconnecting your tach."

ok will try that also does the

ok will try that also does the fact that the bulb on the fuel line doesnt stay hard and is probally the orignal one ?

"Mine don't stay completel

"Mine don't stay completely hard after running, usually one squeeze brings it back to firm. The bulb should not go soft on you. Did you try pumping the bulb while going to WOT?"

"You need to isolate the probl

"You need to isolate the problem to fuel, electrical or mechanical.

Try running the engine in the water on the trailer and when the throttle is pushed down and dies spray some fuel into the carbies and see if the engine picks up if it does you will need to clean the carbies, check the primer bulb to see if it is colapsing it is normal for it to go soft."

does any one have a pic of the

does any one have a pic of the wireing diagram for the staor soliad i replaced it and i think it is wrong pos battery cable gets hot when statring

Back