Logo

Se116 top gear set

jansteam40

Contributing Member
"has anyone had problems with

"has anyone had problems with the se116 units from sterndrive engineering i have had mine for one season and it has shreded the top gear set , the dealer said he may rebuild it but i would rather have another new unit does the warrenty cover this ,also should i make sure he clean out the lower unit as im worried about bits from the top being in there
any thoughts"

also has anybody else had to c

also has anybody else had to call in a warrenty on these units and how did SE treat you
thanks

i did have a quick look but im

i did have a quick look but im in the uk and i think my dealer is not too keen on sending it back also the time involved would keep me off the water for most of our short season i may be wrong but some guys on here have had a lot of experience so thought i would ask
thanks

"It's it's underwarran

"It's it's underwarranty call their support, send them pics, I wouldn't have opened it they may not honor the warranty it opened, I would've called first. Oh Well.. Also ask about a CROSS-SHipment, Where they send you a new one and you send the old one in, or ask for an advance replacement, samething except you can wait till you receive before shipping yours back, that way less downtime."

Back