Logo

Oil pump

txny13

Regular Contributor
"where can i find a oil pump,

"where can i find a oil pump, so i can change my oil, also is the line small thats not a very big hole in the dipstick yube? thanks john"

The pump usually goes "on&

The pump usually goes "on" the dipstick not thru it.Most marine engines are fitted with what look like a garden hose connector on the top of the dip stick. pump hooks there.

"Some people have refittered t

"Some people have refittered their oil pan drain plugs with a hydralic type hose attached to the oil pan drain plug to drain the oil, some newer engines have it from the factory."

my buddies is fitted wiyh the

my buddies is fitted wiyh the hose its pretty cool but ya need a twelve pack because it is so slow and the pump doesnt get all the oil out so one wieghs the same as the other

"that would be faster brian bu

"that would be faster brian but then how would i get him to buy a twelve pack lol just kiddin
biggrin.gif
"

"can go buy the 12 pack while

"can go buy the 12 pack while it's running, can get through 2-3 while its draining, then 1 when each bottle is thoroughly draining into the engine, oil is expensive these days, need every drop. Then you can drink while he changes the filter. then you have to run the engine and make sure it's OK.. that's at least another 1 or 2..

safe boating !"

Back