Logo

Time involved to install injectors SP225

free_bird

"I recently had the injectors

"I recently had the injectors removed, rebuilit, and reinstalled in both SP 225 Ford Lehman turbocharged engines in my 41' President by a mechanic employed by the yard where the boat is stored on Lake Michigan. The boat is in inside heated storage. The invoice indicated that the mechanic spent 50 hours doing this work which seems to me to be very excessive. He would have had to get his tool aboard, move 3 pieces of furniture, take up the floor boards and then reverse the process at the end. If this took an hour, or even two, on each end, it still leaves a lot of hours at $75 an hour.

Has anyone had experience with this project and can help me understand what it should really take to do the job? I've taken a hands-on, two-day Lehman maintenance session so I kinda know what's involved. I also haven't paid the bill yet and need to be careful in handling this as they still have the boat.

Thanks for any help.

John Olson"

"John

I recently removed in

"John

I recently removed injectors on my single 120, sent them out to be rebuilt and reinstalled them.

It took me about 1 hour for removal of valve cover, return line and the injectors. Reinstalling took about 1 1/2 hours.
Cost for rebuilding injectors at injector shop was $320 including new copper washers.

50 hours seems excessive for even two engines."

Back