Logo

Steering question

"Took the Tahoe out of storage

"Took the Tahoe out of storage, loaded the fishing gear and hit the Mississippi. The only issue I had was the steering pulled very hard left while underway and it seemed very tight while at slow speeds. No power steering in this unit but it was hard enough to steer that it was annoying. The pull at cruising speed was bad enough that I think if I would have let the steering wheel go, I would have made a very sharp left turn. Any thoughts would be appreciated"

"Ayuh,... Adjust the Torque T

"Ayuh,... Adjust the Torque Tab hanging down from the anti-cav plate..."

im going to say port side but

im going to say port side but go with bondo's answer. im fighting a problem but mine is to the right so i was imformed to start adjusting to starboard side

"Ayuh,... Point it in the dir

"Ayuh,... Point it in the direction it's pulling,...

That's to the Portside in your case,...
There is No left or right on a boat...."

Thanks for the info folks and

Thanks for the info folks and sorry for my lack of boating terms. Old Army guy here but I'll learn the proper terms in time.

your fine mark thats what this

your fine mark thats what this awsom and wonderful forum is all about i have gained some valuble knowlege on this site. one thing is for sure if they syuck us all in one shop we would get the boat fixed

Made the adjustment on the tab

Made the adjustment on the tab but my mother-in-law passed away on Easter so I can't take the boat out till after the funeral on thursday. Sounds like the wife is wanting some unwind time so I mentioned fishing on friday since it's sapposed to be almost 70 here. I'll post the tab adjustment results after that. Again thanks to all.

Thanks for the advice guys. To

Thanks for the advice guys. Took the boat out yesterday for a short fishing outing and the steering pull was almost gone. Did not get to travel very far since we put in below the lock & dam and that's where we fished. The mile or so we did go the steering seemed to be better.

glad it helped you mark untill

glad it helped you mark untill i got mine adjusted properly i was comeing in with a sore forearm

Back