Logo

Alpha1 conversion to Bravo Drive

mach1

"Thanks ahead of time for any

"Thanks ahead of time for any help.....I am going to swap out my Alpha 1 drive for a Bravo to match my Bravo 350 MAG MPI (replacing now broken Alpha which surprising lasted until the second day with the new motor). Before I mess anything else up and to make this more cost effective, I have some questions:

1. Is it possible to use my Alpha transom assembly for the Bravo drive? Perhaps swapping out just the bell housing? A best type of Bravo for this conversion?

2. Cooling: Is the water flow similar from the Alpha to the Bravo? Not sure if the water passage is the same, or additional water flow is to much for the alpha transom. I will add an additional separate inlet if necessary.

3. How about the power trim cylinders? To short/long/just right?

4. Other considerations?

Thanks again for any information...

Marc"

"Everything on the alfa must b

"Everything on the alfa must be replaced except the trim pump. Also, a Bravo drive has no impeller. It is mounted to the front of the the engine and belt driven. The bravo transom assembly will fit the alfa hole with minor or no modifications."

Marc; give the guys at Marine

Marc; give the guys at Marine Power Service a call (732-751-1200)( or google them) they do these swaps all the time. They can get you a list of what you need.

Back