Logo

Det 653 smoke coming out of blower

rover6975

My detriot 653 ran away on me.

My detriot 653 ran away on me. Before I could manually shut it down it died. It will now turn over and start briefly then die as smoke comes billowing out of the blower. What did I ruin?

probley drop a valve or more.d

probley drop a valve or more.dont try to start as you have a stuck injector.need to have check by someone that knows what he is doing.

"remove valve covers and inspe

"remove valve covers and inspect valves and inj operation.if you find problem go from there,if not remove air box covers and look at pistons and liners.also remove air inlet at blower so you can inspect rotors."

"Thanks Marvin, I pulled the v

"Thanks Marvin, I pulled the valve covers already and didnt see anything amiss. I'll pull the air covers next and have a look. I appreciate the help and I'll let you know what I find next"

"Did you stuff anything in the

"Did you stuff anything in the air cleaner to kill the engine when you shut it off? Could have put stress on the blower. Just a thought, my father lost a good jacket (and blower) to an 8v92 in his old Drot."

v6 53
got a regular continus

v6 53
got a regular continus cloud of light blue smoke for exhaust. does this mean the rings have gone ?

"As a retired Detroit field se

"As a retired Detroit field service tech, unburnt fuel, also referred to as atomized fuel, is white in color. Not to be confused with steam in the exhaust which can be determined with a mirror. Blue smoke is definitely oil being consumed in combustion. Blower seals would be suspect from a runaway. Remove the intake air manifold and look at the blower lobes and end plates for an excessively oil soaked condition. Piston oil control rings can be checked for spring back through the air box covers. Just my input."

Back