Logo

Tohatsu 50 TLDI 0607 program versions

ustahot

"Hi

Last year i read somewh

"Hi

Last year i read somewhere on the web that the 50
TLDI:s has 3 different soft versions A, B or C (over the years), and some other differencies & improvements theyv got by the years, 1 was charging/regulator related i think. When i bought this 50 TLDI 2 years ago i noticed that compared to the old carb 50 tohatsu in the same boat lost about 4 knots in topspeed. Someone have also said that the latest
program C or whatever it can be today is givin
more HP output at the end-rpm, is this true?
If so can some dealer reprogram/flash the engine
or is it an expensive operation and where can i check what version is in my tldi if so, any table
on web to compare with, manuf. year , type etc.
Thanks for any info.
BR Curious Ustahot"

"it's not like some sort o

"it's not like some sort of software update. The 50TLDI was produced in 2 different models. First production was 50A, and current production is 50B (there is no "C"). You can't just upgrade an A to a B. It doesn't work like that. It would require a whole new ECU (which are not sold separately and even they did would run in the thousands of dollars)"

"Ok, suspected that its not fl

"Ok, suspected that its not flashable/upgradeable, anyway the engine is great, low fuel consumption.. works great day & night..summer.. winter in zero degree waters.
Thanks for the answer."

"and the engine is propable th

"and the engine is propable the 50B? bought it 2007 ( new), some number on the s/n plate i can check for the model / type?"

the serial # plate should also

the serial # plate should also list the model #. Should be something like MD50A or MD50B.

Back