Logo

43 carbi wont start

olli

"Hey, i have a 4.3 carbi mercr

"Hey, i have a 4.3 carbi mercruiser which has had the heads serviced due to overheating and warping... boat was sent out after being done running fine, cutomer brought it back saying it was running rough and blowing blue smoke... we tested it and it was but it gradually got worse and now it wont start... we have replaced leads and dissy cap, rebuilt the carb checked timing and it still wont run...HELP!!!"

I assume it has good spark to

I assume it has good spark to all the plugs. Unsure? The optic sensor under the rotor can corrode and fail. How much oil is in the pan? If over full suspect water raising the level and forcing oil into the vent hoses.

Too much fuel will thin out the oil and cause it to slip past the rings and burn. Smell the oil for gas odor.

Plugs are probably fould from oil. Change them and find the reason it's burning oil.

"It has spark at all plugs, th

"It has spark at all plugs, the oil level is fine and clean...
Is there a way to test the sensor under the rotor?? it did have some corrosion on the magnetic pickup which was cleaned off. can these cause a weak spark if failing or will the just not spark at all??
cheers"

Sorry the compression is betwe

Sorry the compression is between 145-149psi.... couldnt read my own poor writing haha

"Rusted sensor is probably sho

"Rusted sensor is probably shot. There are tiny leads that corrode by the screws.

<center><table border=1><tr><td>http://www.marineengine.com/discus/icons/attachment_icon.gif""" align=left alt=""application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.wordprocessingml.document"">Thunderbolt Ign. tests
[url=""][b]Tests for Thunderbolt Ignition.docx[/b][/url] (10.6 k)</td></tr></table></center>"

Back