Logo

MCM470 water pump quesion

pugetsounder

Advanced Contributor
"Well SHE LIVES! After 6 month

"Well SHE LIVES! After 6 months of winterization (we actually had rain snow mix friday morning!) somebody up there flipped on a switch. It was warm and sunny all weekend near 70. So I decided to de-winterize the beast. Got her started up after being a little cranky. Ran smooth. But I noticed anti freeze dripping from the CC water pump weep hole. It didn't drip much and stopped after a couple of minutes.

My question is this, is this normal? I'm hoping the seals just get dried out a bit over the winter and after running some water over them they swell back up. Or am I due for a new water pump? If so do they even make a rebuilt pump for this motor or do I need to pull it apart and rebuild it myself? I looked online but couldn't find the whole pump but a bunch of parts are still available such as new shaft, seals, gaskets, and impellor. Thanks for the advice."

pudget I think you hit the nai

pudget I think you hit the nail on the head when u said seal gets a little dry i wouldnt jump the gun right now but id definatly keep an eye on it

"agree.. you might find some a

"agree.. you might find some additive at the auto shop to help lubricate and swell the seal, however it may cause other issues."

"Yes but I'm glad it's

"Yes but I'm glad it's just my boat that's high maintenance
"

Back