Logo

What prop is best

bunbun

I am looking for a water skiin

I am looking for a water skiing prop. I have a 1996 Mercruiser Alpha One 135 hp. It is in an 18 ft SeaRay open bow.

"What prop do you have on it n

"What prop do you have on it now? With the boat loaded with about 1/2 tank of fuel and you and a friend on a relativly calm day, what is your WOT (wide open throttle) RPM on your TACH. Only after we know that can we help with a prop. Except the basics, Stainless is best but will do most damage if it hits something, 4 Blade is better than 3 for skiing and wake boarding. But you need to know what you have now and how the boat currently performs. Hope this helps."

Actually SS with a sacrificial

Actually SS with a sacrificial hub is the best. It's an inner hub made of thick nylon and will spin on impact.

Yes what prop do you have now? There should be a stamp on the side of the prop for what pitch it is. And measure from the center of the hub to the end of one blade (radius) and double it. It will give us a starting point at least.

im impressed with my ss stelle

im impressed with my ss stelleto it has the sac hub BUT remember if you dont have power stearing a high performance prop puts a good amount of torque on the drive and you'll be like me and be fighting the wheel at wot

Steve have you tried adjusting

Steve have you tried adjusting your trim tab a bit? I have a 4 blade SS but I don't notice any problems with steering or pulling at high or low speeds.

i just installed the correct a

i just installed the correct anode the one that was on there was two big and in the way so i ordered the recomended one . i realy havent had it in the water only once this year it seems to steer fine up until about 3/4 throttle but its a constant fight at wot pulling to the right

"Steve I think WOT is where yo

"Steve I think WOT is where you will have the most trouble if your tab is off a bit. I'm sure someone on here knows the right direction you need to turn it more. It took me forever to figure it out but that's just me. I have the same tab you have for over pitched props. I can measure how far off center mine is if that helps.

I bought my boat from a guy that used it exclusively for skiing. And the boat came with the 4 blade SS prop. It works well. I've towed my wife on a slalom ski (she's good!) and had no trouble popping her of the water with three other people on board. This year I put the OEM mercruiser Alum prop on (21P, 14")just to see the difference in WOT rpms, fuel economy, and holeshot ability. "

"based on the info you sent me

"based on the info you sent me; 22P 4 blade 21P 3 blade (formula compliments of Rod Stewart)

<center><table border=1><tr><td>http://www.marineengine.com/discus/icons/mime_msexcel.gif""" align=left alt=""application/vnd.ms-excel"">prop finder
[url=""][b]Copy of Copy_of_Boat_Speed_Finder-79780-193827.xls[/b][/url] (26.1 k)</td></tr></table></center>"

i think im gonna order the fac

i think im gonna order the factory spec prop. me and the wife just use the boat to go cruizin on the river and visit from dockside insted of street side if ya will the kids are grown and gone so no more tubein and me and the wife are gettin to damn brittle for that lol

I'll get to it this weeken

I'll get to it this weekend Steve if it quits raining. LAst weekend was quite the tease. I can't remember for the life of me which direction it's turned or by how much.

OK my tab tilts towards the st

OK my tab tilts towards the starboard side and I measured 1/2" from the center of the tab to the center of the outdrive. With that setting I don't notice any pulling to one side or the other even at WOT. Good luck.

Back