Logo

Witch piston for chevy 153

"Niels, the 70 & 73-74 12

"Niels, the 70 & 73-74 120's 153ci 2.5L engines are the same. I would think twice about putting std. pistons back in, you may want to think about having the bores measured and possibly properly honed or bored slightly larger. Why are you changing the pistons anyway? are there gouges or scratches on them? what shape are the cylinders? just curious."

so i can use for my engine the

so i can use for my engine the same pistons as they use in 70's car engines. there was a leakage so there was a lot of water in the boat. there was also water in the engine. when i took the pistons out i coudnt even turn the piston on the connecting rod. ther's a lot of corrosion in the hole of the piston pen.
and i use standart pistons because the engine didnt run al lot at all.

not 70's car.
Some 1960&#

not 70's car.
Some 1960's cars used the 153. Use the original part number above. The parts supllier should be able to cross it.

ok so most chevy 153 car engin

ok so most chevy 153 car engines have the same pistons as the marine version. but are the bearings also the same

"bearings are the same to, if

"bearings are the same to, if the cylinders are rusty they will need to be honed. if the crank shaft journals are rusty they will need to be polished."

Back