Logo

98 nissan 25 hp 2 stroke head scratcher

hd4ou

"hey folks, got a 98 nissan 2

"hey folks, got a 98 nissan 2 stroke 25 hp on a 16 ft alumaweld boat. when i first launch it the boat gets up on plane and all seem well. after being in the water a while fishing a crappie hole or what ever i can start it up and all sounds well but the boat wont get up on plane. only additional weight added is a few crappie if im lucky. acts like it doesnt have enough power to plane. not taking on water either. I have done the usual, i.e. new fuel line, cleaned the single carb best i could, new fuel, new plugs etc. Any ideas?? thanks Jody"

You have to determine which of

You have to determine which of the three engine systems is responsible for the causing the problem:

Ignition
Fuel
Mechanical

i understand that but was hopi

i understand that but was hoping for a little more direction from someone who may have experienced similar issue.

"The problem is that it is a s

"The problem is that it is a symptom that can be caused by virtually anything. As a WAG try cleaning the carb correctly. Otherwise, break out the service manual,close your eyes and pick a system and then start troubleshooting."

I"ll throw this at ya:

I"ll throw this at ya:
1. Make sure the vent cap on the gas tank is open
2. Clean or replace any fuel filters
3. As Guru said clean carb

Good Luck

Check the ends of your fuel li

Check the ends of your fuel line to make sure they're not loose. If they are replace them or replace the whole hose.

"Sorry, to be more specific, c

"Sorry, to be more specific, check to see if the connections are loose when the hose is connected. I know a guy who just had the same problem. There wasn't a good enough seal - it wore around the ball bearings."

Jody your problem needs to iso

Jody your problem needs to isolated down to an area.

Is there any wayer in the hull when you get it on the trailer?

Try the next time you are out after you have sat and started the motor up and it will not plane pumping the primer bulb.

Check the spark and see if it is running on all cylinders.

Back