Logo

Starter

"I need a stater for some reas

"I need a stater for some reason mine died.. even though it is new it just died. the Field coil assembly is not working. i need a starter simular to this one.. if anyone has one left me know and a price thanks http://www.marine-starter.com/ibs5275m.htm go to this link and you will see what i need

maybe if someone has a dead starter but the field coil works i could use that"

"no cause i removed the soleno

"no cause i removed the solenoid and bought a new one thinkin it was that and it was not .. so i took it apart and test out every part as the manual said and everything tested out fine except the field coil, the weird thing yesterday the motor started for the first time in 6 month and ran fine. even after 3 starts.. then last night night it went click and then nothing again.. i can get it to ingage but not spin.. that is why i got the new solenoid thinkin it wasnot putting out enough power.. but it was not , it was the coil. so since i removed the solenoid it is not returnable. lesson learned .. thought it was a simple problem since yesterday i was up and running.. now i am back to the start.. hench starter , so if you or anyone can help it would be appreciated.. this motor is really starting to make me wonder.. why my van and other motor had the same work by mean and worked without a problem and this one is to the point of going back to a canoe....i even got my leakin heater exchanged fix from the many leaks i had on the end.."

"fyi, a loose or dirty connect

"fyi, a loose or dirty connections and even improperly sized cables will not allow enough amps to go through giving the same problem,

have you checked the slave solenoid ?"

I have replace the slave solen

I have replace the slave solenoid and it is a second new one. I have tested the field coil in the starter and it is ground.. i need a new starter...i also got a new solenoid on the starter

Back