Logo

MampW turbo charger

"I found a turbo charger with

"I found a turbo charger with a holly carb. at a local garage sale, and am trying to find a schematic for it. the whole thing is mounted on an exhaust manifold, but the lines and hoses are just hanging.
this will be me winter project to have it ready for next spring, but I need to know how to hook it all up.
Anyone have an idea?"

"Look out! The Coast Guard wo

"Look out! The Coast Guard would not approve of a monstrously hot device like that on a boat; that's why exhaust manifolds are cooled.

Diesels, that commonly use a turbo, have water cooled units that--being a diesel--don't get that hot to begin with.

Only in a pure racing application--with the engine fully exposed--could you get away with a turbo.

Jeff"

yeesh. Not a small project. M

yeesh. Not a small project. More practically... you will be in detonation hell as your compression ratio is not optimized for a turbo. fuel curve and ignition curve will need to change as well. Extraneous lines are likely oil and perhaps coolant lines.

"ok, I am thinking this is mor

"ok, I am thinking this is more than I care to tackle! I rebuilt (still am) this boat from the hull up, and have no desire to see pieces of it all over the lake bottom!
Not the nicest boat around i'm sure, but I like all the pieces where they currently are, and not charred!
Thanks for the input guys, anyone need a turbo?"

Back