Logo

Exhaust vales cracked

"New one to me. Found why get

"New one to me. Found why getting water in crankcase, bad gasket at #4. The exhaust valve is not eroded but cracked! Would that be from the water or is this something that can happen? AQ130C."

Also having issues finding exh

Also having issues finding exhaust valves to replace the bad one. Anyone have any or know where I can find them. Local place where I buy parts is clueless.

"Jim, Most likely the damaged

"Jim, Most likely the damaged valve is a result of the blown gasket. How do the other plugs look? Damaged valves can also be a result of a lean condition, which could reveal itself in the other cylinders. Your local VP dealer should be able to order the valve with no problem. Be sure to have the block and head surfaces checked prior to reassembly. You don't want to do this twice."

"Jim, your engine has a Volvo

"Jim, your engine has a Volvo B20 block. You should be able to get automotive valves for it at a fraction of the cost of Volvo Penta's.

The Volvo B18 & B20 engine was fitted to Volvos during the long period; 1961 to 1974. It was installed in the following models; PV544, P210, P120, P130, P220, P1800 all models, all 140 models and in some of the very first 240 models in 1975. (this is from this website: http://www.classicvolvo.com/onlinemanuals/b18_b20_engine/1engine.htm )"

Napa is showing a valve for an

Napa is showing a valve for an 1800E 1969-72 and an 1800ES 1972-73 so these will work correct. these are listed as 2.0 L 1990 CC L4 motors. Parts specs are as follows: Head Dia- 1.378" Seat angle- 45 Stem Dia. .315" Stem Length- 4.586" stem type '3G.

Back