Logo

How to wire fuel sender

kinghans

"heres what I want to do: I pu

"heres what I want to do: I put a new fuel sender in one of my two tanks that never had one, (what sense does it make to have a dual tank with only one sender in one) how would you wire this up so I can still use the 1 fuel gauge, can you out in a on/off toggle switch and put the new + sender wire on one end of the toggle and put the other + sender wire from the other tank on the other end of the toggle , then use one wire and run it to the fuel gauge. Will this work or do I need a on/off/on switch? Any ideas, do not want to put in another fuel gauge, no room in dash for one. Thanks"

you only need to switch the se

you only need to switch the sender wire between the tanks also unhook battery while workin and ensure the senders are both grounded or they may work

1 switch (SPDT or DPDT &#

1 switch (SPDT or DPDT )wired to each tank sender
and the gauge lead to the middle position of the switch

or try using a single pole dou

or try using a single pole double throw switch and run a wire from the S terminal from the gauge to the center blade of the switch and then run a wire from one sender to one of the blades then run a wire from the second sender to the other blade

that's what I had till I w

that's what I had till I went to a 2nd gauge on/off/on doesn't need to be big either

Back