Logo

Merc 3000 classic side mount throttleshift Crownline

lightmount

"I have a 2000 Crownline 180 B

"I have a 2000 Crownline 180 BR, 3.0 engine. It has a Merc 3000 classic side mount throttle/shift. The center button (throttle advance only)will go in but the throttle will not advance. If I engage the shifter on the handle (shifts engages drive) the throttle will advance. When I crank the engine I can't advance throttle unless I shift it into gear. Can anyone help?"

"Pop the button off, spray som

"Pop the button off, spray some WD40 into the neutral shaft and work it in/out."

"How do you get the button off

"How do you get the button off? Also, how does the lever come off. I have inspected it throughly and can't determine how it comes off.

thanks Guy"

press in the button and advanc

press in the button and advance the throttle to the throttle only position and pop out the button with a small screw driver

"I will try it tomorror, I wil

"I will try it tomorror, I will have to press the button on top of throttle lever because the throttle only advance button won't release the throttle. When you say "advance the throttle to the throttle only position", I assume that is advance it foreward.

thanks Jeff"

"To get the lever off there is

"To get the lever off there is a small allen screw on the bottom of the lever. Loosen that screw but do not remove it and the lever will slide off the splines. Be sure to cut off power to your trim pump before removing the lever. You will need to remove the tilt and trim switches before removing the lever. There is a black plastic cover over the wires, unsnap that on the edge and the wires plug together inside of it."

"James, there is small opening

"James, there is small opening at the 6 o'clock position of the lever. When the throttle is in netural, looking through the opening there isn't a allen screw, however if throttle pushed foreward to the 10 o'clock position there is one. It looks more like a small oil screw. I loosened it but the lever is still tight and won't come off. Is this the right screw? Its really small, 1/16 to 1/8 in long.

thanks James"

"I tried to pop off the button

"I tried to pop off the button with very small screw driver. Won't come off. Is there something inside holding it? Does anyone know where i can download a diagram. I have a Mercruise stern drive shop manual, nothing on it.

thanks

jet"

"The allen screw is at the 6 o

"The allen screw is at the 6 o'clock position and is a small short set screw. Unscrew it until it is flush with the bottom of the shifter. The throttle only button snaps on, it is all plastic. There is a plunger rod that it pushes in."

Back