Logo

AQ125B HP Problem

jlbryant

"Hello, I asked a few days ago

"Hello, I asked a few days ago about the HP & MPH of my Bayliner. When i got it it had a 14x19 prop on it, i changed it to a 17, this made about 10mph difference, but i now only get 25-28 mph, and its hard to tell what rpm i'm turning because my d*mn tac meter is broken, BUT if i put the motor in Nuteral, the motor will get alot more RPM that when under load. Now last time i asked about the HP or RPM problem somones suggested a dirt carb. I purchased some sea foam carb cleaner and it did not seem to work. Now it seem hard to start at times , just wanting to turn over, and i have to give it gas to get it started. IS THIS MY FUEL PUMP GOING OUT? I was just going to buy another one to rule out that problem. Also does anyone have a partnumber for the fuel pump or can tell me where i can get one?"

"Well, it don't have point

"Well, it don't have points now, when i bought it the guy said he changed over to electronic. so i did not have to worry about points, also, i was out yesterday on it, and when i gun it it puts a little black smock from the exhause, not much but enough to notice."

Back