Logo

NS5B Lower Pump Case

krash83

"I can't seem to get the p

"I can't seem to get the pump case lower off the gear case. I have removed almost all of the gasket material from the surfaces, and the parts are not even budging/shifting. I have removed the cam rod, but not the drive shaft. What am I not understanding? I don't see any mechanical fasteners for these two parts. Is the pump case lower pressed into the gear case? Am I a big dummy for trying to change this gasket only because it came with the water pump repair parts?
I know i posted this on another post, that was not my intention."

"Since I didn't get any us

"Since I didn't get any useful answers, I will post what i discoverd.
After searching all of the manuals for other motors that I could get my hands on and learning nothing; I gave in and brought the bottom unite, in a box, to the local marine repair center. Their the old man of the shop hit it with the torch, and pried it out in less than 5 min. My 3 days of work was solved in 5 min, proving that old men know more than young dummies. I hope it reassembles as well as it ran the last time i had it on the water. Manuals are less valuable than Experience. I hope/wish these forums can supply the experience that is collected, not the short answer manuals response. Thanks"

"Experience comes with age...&

"Experience comes with age..."Young dummies" need a service manual so that they will not have to ask questions of "old" men. More importantly, a service manual provides people with a visual guide and step by step instructions to prevent mistakes. It is foolish to try to puzzle out the hows and whys when manufacturers make their service manuals available just so you don't have to go to a third party to figure something out. While you may think it isn't helpful to tell people to get a service manual, I can state with certainty that it was the best advice you could have received."

Back