Logo

Grounding a coil

suds

Would it hurt to run a engine

Would it hurt to run a engine ground wire to the "-" (negative) side of the coil?

"If you ground your coil, you

"If you ground your coil, you will get the same effect as if you solder together your distributor's points."

"I have pertronix on board, bu

"I have pertronix on board, but that does not seem like the thing to do. I did find my engine grounds were suspect, cleaned them up, seems to help. Does the idle mixture screw help past idle? The manuel says to screw out 1 1/4 turns out. I am good mechanicly, carbs are not my forte. How do you go about fine tuning the idle adjustment, although it idles fine, the plugs don't look cocoa brown?"

"Idle mixture effect ceases wh

"Idle mixture effect ceases when the throttle is cracked. Warm the engine thoroughly, make sure the choke is fully open, and dial each idle adjustment screw to get the maximum vacuum (using a vacuum gage). Unlike a car engine, marine engines don't conveniently rock back and forth when idling roughly.

JEff"

"On a AQ170, where do I hook u

"On a AQ170, where do I hook up for vacuum? There doesn't seem to be a spot to connect to.

Thanks."

"There is no provision for a v

"There is no provision for a vacuum gauge. If you want one, you will have to drill and tap the intake manifold."

Back