Logo

KAD44p Actuator problems

oxzgen

"The boat had a 5.4/5.5 error

"The boat had a 5.4/5.5 error code on it the other day, it turned out to be a fuse hooked up to the actuator. We replaced the shift cable because we believed that it locked up and caused the fuse to blow. Now the actuator moves about an eighth of an inch every time we turn the key off and then on. The actuator will not reset into neutral and the starter will not initiate since we put in the new cable. Does it sound like the actuator is done?"

Unhook cable and try key on/of

Unhook cable and try key on/off. Could be cable not set right. Unit will move and seek neutral at every key cycle.

Is it suppost to move alot or

Is it suppost to move alot or about an eighth of an inch each turn? I guess I'm asking if the actuator is dead or not... Is there a way to test it or not?

"I have a kad44 edc engine. I

"I have a kad44 edc engine. I had a mechanic installed it and after we hooked all the wires and harnesses up it would not start from the Key. When started from the key all i get is a Click sound, but when we tried starting it from the starter it turned over but still would not start th eengine any insight into this problem?"

"Salve, io ho appena comprato

"Salve, io ho appena comprato una barca sealine 400 ambassador con motori volvo penta kad 42 231hp. ho visto che hanno un problema! quando io parto e arrivo a 2000 giri, la barca va in progressione regolare, quando poi accellero per trovare la giusta velocità di crocera, aumenta sino a 2700 giri e poi il motore si blocca e il contagiri sembra impazzito, mentre se io accellero a fondo con le manette (non elettroniche) la barca va regolarmente sino a 29 nodi che è la velocità massima che può raggiungere. In questo momento la barca che pesa 8000 kg ha anche la carena abbastanza sporca. vorrei sapere dalla vostra esperienza cosa potrebbe darmi questo problema. grazie molte"

"Hello, I just bought a boat S

"Hello, I just bought a boat Sealine Ambassador 400 with Volvo Penta KAD 42 231hp. I saw that they have a problem! when I arrive and depart at 2000 rpm, the boat goes in regular progression, when then accelerates to find the right cruising speed increases up to 2700 rpm and then the engine stops and the tachometer seems crazy, but if I accelerates hard with handcuffs (not electronic) the boat goes up regularly at 29 knots which is the maximum speed that can reach. At this moment the boat that weighs 8000 kg, the hull also quite dirty. I want to know from your experience what would give me this problem. many thanks"

Back