Logo

TAMD 60B exhaust fuel and smoke

donihernandez

I have just replaced my old en

I have just replaced my old engines with two TAMB60B engines and when they are started up there is fuel leakage through the exhaust into the water and excessive smoke coming from the exhaust. Can anyone let me know what causes this and maybe how it is repairable?

"I would suspect a stuck injec

"I would suspect a stuck injector. How long since engines were run? Hours on engines? Might clear up after running a while. My 60B's smoke a little on start up, but clears up in about 5 min.

Roger"

"I just took my injectors in t

"I just took my injectors in to be checked out with one of our local gurus (Diesel Power and Injection in Miami) for just that problem. They rebuilt my injectors but said the nozzle spray pattern was fine and reused the old nozzles. The pro's tell me that the overfueling on start problem results from a sticky mechanism on the Bosch Injection Pump used in the Volvo 60 series. The pump apparently has a regulator or valve that is supposed to limit overfueling on start up and is actuated by oil pressure. Reportedly this valve sometimes gets sticky and that is the cause of overfueling at start on the Volvo 60 series. I was shown a picture of this setup in a Bosch manual but unfortunately I could not locate the external parts on my injection pump they described. I will have to take them some pictures of my pump with identifying info to get a better answer.

The pros recommend quickly pumping the throttle a few times after starting as a short term fix for the smoke issue. Others recommend getting in gear and leaving the dock ASAP. Hopefully you can hide your embarrassment behind the smoke screen
happy.gif
"

well at my wits end here prime

well at my wits end here primed at the injecotors no bubbles just fuel coming out kept turning over no start? can i be flooded?

well the motor ran just fine b

well the motor ran just fine b/4 the freeze plug blew so not sure where id occure a leak since all i have done is removed the fuel inj pump from water pump? ill look into that issue though thanks for the tip. from what im hearing if there is any air in a diesel line they will not start? thanks

Back