Logo

What Paint To Use

wblazer

Regular Contributor
"Hi Guys,

I guess this ques

"Hi Guys,

I guess this question has been asked before. But i don't see it in posts that i have viewed. My question is i want to paint my outdrive before installing. This boat is used in fresh water only. Do i really need special paint for the prop and outdrive or is just plain metal spray ok?"

"Ayuh,...

Scrub it down wit

"Ayuh,...

Scrub it down with a green scrubbin' pad, wash it,+ Shoot it with Rustoleum....
wink.gif
"

"Bondo's method is quick,

"Bondo's method is quick, easy and a good method. I believe the paint on the OD is DuPont Imron flat black. It will cost more but probably last longer if done right.

After a washdown per Bondo, use Prep Solve to degrease and prep the surface to take the paint.

Cover up all annodes before painting including the two acorn nuts under the drive."

"remove as much old paint as p

"remove as much old paint as possible, tape up zincs and anything you dont want painted, rub down with tack cloths, paint with Aluminum Oxide zinc-rich paint then top coat with a high quality enamel or better yet, Dupont Imron polyurethane enamel."

i opted to go with bondos meth

i opted to go with bondos methode cause it seems those things need touched up every other year anyways so it saves in the longrun that imron stuff is high

Back