Logo

Nissan ns8b submerged

dcdunbar

"Help-
My wife somehow dislog

"Help-
My wife somehow disloged the engine off the boat on monday. Luckily, I hope, i can resurect the engine but I am having some problems. Unfortunately the engine was running when it went under and I couldn't retrieve it for a couple of hours after the incident. I have fogged the engine and it is turning over just fine. In your experience of seeing engines go under is this usually the exciter coil or the distributor cap that would result in not getting a spark?

many thanks"

"The 2 hrs in the water is ins

"The 2 hrs in the water is insignificant as corrosion is minimal while submerged..it is what you do once it hits atmosphere again that counts. If it was a fresh water submerging that is far better than salt. In a salt water submerging the engine should be transported to a shop submerged in a fresh water bath, to keep the corrosion process to a minimum. It is still important to get it running asap to get all bearings lubricated and prevent them from rusting. Someone else will be able to answer your ignition question."

There is no distributor cap...

There is no distributor cap...As to a lack of spark:

Service manual=Test procedures to determine what ignition item has failed.(If any)

Back