Logo

318 dana outdrive NO REVERSE OR FORWARD

hd4ou

"hey folks, i have a 64 nautil

"hey folks, i have a 64 nautiline with a single 318 chrysler and dana outdrive. Started by not going into reverse and after some back and forth on the gear lever it went into reverse. then wouldnt go into forward or reverse and i cant get it to do anything. I checked the cable, its fine. Checked clutch movement, its fine. Dont know what happened. Didnt make any noise or anything. any suggestions? thanks Jody"

Did you make sure the shift ca

Did you make sure the shift cable is moving the lever on the outdrive. The keeper mounted to the outdrive on my broke which allowed the inner cable to just slide up and down on the outer cable with out moving the actual shift lever which on my boat is below the water line.

that happened to mine and what

that happened to mine and what it was was on the outside of the outdrive there is a lever that moves mine moved but when i closely looked at it the pin sheared off so the lever moved but the shaft didnt...i drilled mine out flipped the drill bit over tapped the shank of the drill bit into the hole and snapped the drill bit....ill bet that is ur problem

dreaded pulling that behemoth

dreaded pulling that behemoth out of the water but finally did it 2 weeks ago and you were exactly right. Shear pin was sheared off. went ahead and made the best of it and cleaned her up and made a few repairs and she is good as new. thanks everyone.

sorry i just got on this site.

sorry i just got on this site...i beached mine and did it in the water...but im on the ocean so the tide went out and left it high and dry so i can work on it...i have 69 34 nautaline

Back