Logo

New impeller installation

buck

I will be installing a rebuil

I will be installing a rebuilt Alpha 1 lower unit in my '88 Starcraft Islander. The only thing that was not done to the rebuilt was installing a new impeller. Will it be easier to do before or after the lower unit is installed? Also looking for any advice or tips on installation. Thanks.

"I believe it will be easier t

"I believe it will be easier to install with the drive removed, however it can be done either way. I have found this link to be very helpful to those who haven't done the job before: http://www.411web.com/A/AFTERMARKETMARINE/
I'm not affiliated with Aftermarket Marine, but I do business with them."

" Buck,
On the link I posted

" Buck,
On the link I posted for you, you will have to navigate down the page to the HELP download section and through the list to the water pump section. "

" Tom and Buck,
I used the in

" Tom and Buck,
I used the info link to aftermarketmarine. Thanks a ton! My 88 Capperal 198CXL w/4.3 Merc. I/O Alpha One has been hung up all season due to installing a water pump and not being able to line up the shift shaft on reinstall. I just printed out the instructions and will give it a try. I couldn't find any pirates who had seen it done, and we have been bumping our heads trying. Michigan summer is the greatest for boating, but short season, I need to get going. I think this really helped. Went to St. Joe yesterday on a friend's 33 Carver and it was fantastic! We swam in 60' of water 2 miles out in Lk. Mich. it was 70 deg. water, 88 air. My kind of day. Maybe see me in Port Huron 7/12 at the Mackinac sailboat race. It is the biggest squirt gun fight I have ever seen. Good scenery too.

Capt. Beaver: RUMRUNNER

P.S. write back, anyone "

Back