Logo

Celebrity 200 Magnum conversion to thru Transom Exhaust

gkm24

Regular Contributor
I have a celebrity 200 bow rid

I have a celebrity 200 bow rider with a 350 magnum ( not fuel injected ) and I would love to convert it to thru Transom exhaust. The trouble is that the exhausts would have to be below the water line at standstill. Is this feasible or does it have to exit the transom above the waterline?

"Ideally you want the exhaust

"Ideally you want the exhaust above the water line, if that's not possible, think about side exhaust. I am all for tinkering with your boat, but from all I have read, through hull exhaust are a pricy proposition. $700-$1000+ can buy you some pretty cool accesories and preventative maintainance items. I say do it if it makes you feel good and you got the cash. You should check your local ordinances and where you boat, and might be worth checking into first.

check out this pic
http://media.photobucket.com/image/installing%20thru%20hull%20exhaust/lozano2008 /xmasandboat080.jpg""

"Per the MERC shop manual for

"Per the MERC shop manual for a 350 CID engines...

For thru transom...

"3. The exhaust outlet must be located so that a minimum of 1/2 in. (13 mm) drop per foot
(305 mm) downward pitch exists in the exhaust hose from the engine exhaust elbow to
the outlet. (This is an American Boat & Yacht Council recommendation.) The drop must
be constant so that a low spot does not exist at any point in the exhaust hose.
4. Exhaust outlet must be slightly above the waterline with boat at rest in the water and full
load aboard"

Why below the water line? I'm in the middle of doing that exact conversion on a 5.7L MIE and even with mufflers inside the boat, I've got no trouble routing the exhaust out thru 2, 3" ports above the waterline.."

Back