PDA

View Full Version : b68 Chrysler 99 parts

bomar
03-29-2009, 01:00 PM
"Where could I get a replacement prop for the '68? Also which is better for a repair manual, Selec or Clymer?"

galamb
03-29-2009, 05:12 PM
"Mary, I find Seloc's to be more user friendly and have better specifications all round.

If you are looking for a new prop, just about any dealer that sells Michigan Wheel props could get one for you - I show 4 different options that would fit that motor.

The OEM factory prop would have been part number FP408 (Michigan Wheel part 072026) which is an 8 1/8D 8 1/4P 3 blade model - or at the age of your motor, probably came with a 2 blade (same diameter/pitch), OEM part 480FP70 (Michigan Wheel number 072024) if you want that "original" look..."

ltjr321
03-29-2009, 10:17 PM
I'm looking for some help in identifying what year motor I have along with any additional information I can get about this motor so I can purchase a service manual for rebuild purposes. I need to purchase some parts for it but have run into issues in identifying the part #'s . The Motor is a:

Montegomery Ward Seaking by Chrysler 9.9hp Long Shaft
Model # VWB 522 99A
Serial # 18X 21842

The manual that came with the motor is very general in nature and is lacking the technicial material I need in order to rebuild it. The part #'s in the manual don't match any of the Chrysler part #'s I have found to date. I'm assuming the part #'s listed in the manual are Montemgomery Ward exclusive part #'s Also what service/rebuild manual would be best recomended for this model?
Thanks for any and all help.
Lou

bomar
03-30-2009, 08:34 AM
"Thank you for the info! I've got time yet before being able to get the boat out to ready since we still have it in a pile of snow.. I'll get the book now, though..

As for Montgomery Ward Seaking.. maybe this link will help you a bit..

http://www.discount-marine-parts.com/ob_sea_king.html ("")"

ltjr321
03-30-2009, 09:16 AM
"Mary,
Thank you for the web site. Because of your assistance I now know the year of manufacture for this motor "1981" Now my next step is to locate a good service manual as well as a parts catalog for it so I can begin the repair/rebuild process.Again thank you for your help.
Lou"