Logo

b68 Chrysler 99 parts

bomar

"Where could I get a replaceme

"Where could I get a replacement prop for the '68? Also which is better for a repair manual, Selec or Clymer?"

"Mary, I find Seloc's to b

"Mary, I find Seloc's to be more user friendly and have better specifications all round.

If you are looking for a new prop, just about any dealer that sells Michigan Wheel props could get one for you - I show 4 different options that would fit that motor.

The OEM factory prop would have been part number FP408 (Michigan Wheel part 072026) which is an 8 1/8D 8 1/4P 3 blade model - or at the age of your motor, probably came with a 2 blade (same diameter/pitch), OEM part 480FP70 (Michigan Wheel number 072024) if you want that "original" look..."

I'm looking for some help

I'm looking for some help in identifying what year motor I have along with any additional information I can get about this motor so I can purchase a service manual for rebuild purposes. I need to purchase some parts for it but have run into issues in identifying the part #'s . The Motor is a:

Montegomery Ward Seaking by Chrysler 9.9hp Long Shaft
Model # VWB 522 99A
Serial # 18X 21842

The manual that came with the motor is very general in nature and is lacking the technicial material I need in order to rebuild it. The part #'s in the manual don't match any of the Chrysler part #'s I have found to date. I'm assuming the part #'s listed in the manual are Montemgomery Ward exclusive part #'s Also what service/rebuild manual would be best recomended for this model?
Thanks for any and all help.
Lou

"Mary,
Thank you for the web

"Mary,
Thank you for the web site. Because of your assistance I now know the year of manufacture for this motor "1981" Now my next step is to locate a good service manual as well as a parts catalog for it so I can begin the repair/rebuild process.Again thank you for your help.
Lou"

Back