Logo

1975 chris craft catalina

rott20022001

i got the boat with blown 307

i got the boat with blown 307 kc i have a new 350 4 bolt crate motor what i want to know is the 307 kc standard or reverse rotation. will it be pretty close to direct fit my trans is a paragon #p21r and i pulled trans off pump is in up for right rotation just want to make sure thanks

Yes the 307kc is a reverse eng

Yes the 307kc is a reverse engine. when looking at the rear (flywheel end) the engine would have turned Clockwise or right hand. Standard rotation would be turning counter-clockwise or left hand. You would need to turn the pump housing 180 degrees if you were to put a standard rotation (LH) engine back in.

Re: i got the boat with blown 307

My son has what he thinks is a catalina help us find out some pics would be apreciated.

I have a 76 catalina. I have been having issues with the starter getting it's teeth chewed up. and the starter has been rebuilt and replaced several times over the past few years, and we even had the big fly wheel replace and yet it has occured again. Any ideas??

I would say your starter is not shimed right both of my engines have 2 shims apx 1/8 thick total but I have the original starters and flywheels if the tips of the teeth are gone then you have to much shim

Thank you so much for the response. Im sorry for my ignorance, but when u say shim...i think of the wooden shims used in doors and such....what is a shim for an engine made from and how is it attached?

Sorry I'm not sure if you got the message I sent but the shims are made of steel and. Come in thousants of an inch and slide in between the starter and its mount if it helps you can think of them as a spacer.

Got it. Thanks!!!! Still not totally sure how u tell if its sitting right aside from starting the engine....its on the starboard outside....side. cant hardly see it...

Back