Logo

Outdrive question

draven620

Regular Contributor
I was wondering put muffs on l

I was wondering put muffs on lower and turned engine over and hade some starting issues i am working on it did not start.As long as the boat didnt start i shouldnt have to rewinterize lower right.The temps are getting back in the 20's and 30's at night but in the 50's during the day.

This time of year I would not

This time of year I would not re-winterize the unit. Just put 2 extension lights in the bilge. Turn em on at night. One under each side (manifold). The reason for 2 is in case 1 burns out and you can use smaller wattage bulbs 50w. Just use your head where you put them. The heat will transfer. I set this up and run the cords to a switch outside the boat for easy on in the PM and off in the AM.

"Ayuh,...
Drain the water out

"Ayuh,...
Drain the water out of the Block,+ Manifolds....
warning.gif
"

checked both and we didint get

checked both and we didint get it to turn it over enough to suck it through the outdrive block still had antifreeze in it good to -20 below and the manifold was empty so i think i am safe thanks for the input.

unless there's threat of l

unless there's threat of long term cold i wouldnt worry to much about it . i understand that there is some weak metals after time on a boat motor but it will take consistant cold to swell ice

yeah i live in wisconsin and i

yeah i live in wisconsin and it is suppossed to be cold at night but in the 50's during the day.But i checked and it is still full of antifreeze anyway it we must not have gotten it to turn over enough to make it all the way into the intake.

Back