Logo

Pulling a 43

petejenks

"pulling a 4.3 siezed due to l

"pulling a 4.3 siezed due to lack of oil (previous owner) my first boat,when I get all the bolts out from bell housing will it just pull away from out drive, or will there be more to do?"

"Pull off drive first, then re

"Pull off drive first, then rear engine mount nuts on transom mounts, then main engine mounts on stringers
Lift out complete package."

"what's the alignment issu

"what's the alignment issue with the out drive talked about in the owners manual.is it a special tool,shop only install as book says? I'm very close to having block unbolted from housing is there something bolted to flywheel to remove?Thanks for the help,looks like shop manual should be first on "must have" list."

remove the six bolts that hold

remove the six bolts that hold the drive to the gibal and it will pull off the boat the driveshaft will come with it. remove the hose from the transom mount that goes to the engine to let lake water into the engine. there are two electrical connetctions at the back of the engine unplug them. unbolt your throttle linkage and loosen the clamps from where the risers go into the down tube for the exhaust and then remove the four bolts to at the transom and to at the motor mounts and the engine will come out if you do not mess with the adjustments on the engine mounts you should be able to put everything back together with having to get the alignment tool. I have done two already and have not had any problems out of them

"thanks for the help, after pu

"thanks for the help, after pulling the out drive,and the back bolts it came right out.
there is some gear lube in the boot that the output shaft goes through,is this normal?"

Is it gear lube or is it greas

Is it gear lube or is it grease? Grease from the gimbal bearing is normal. If it's gear lube from the drive then your input seal is bad and should be replaced.

Back