Logo

Want to Use 4 inch risers instead of 3 inch

jrjones

I currently have 3 inch risers

I currently have 3 inch risers (Mercruiser w/ Alpha Outdrive) and incorrectly ordered 4 inch risers (non-returnable). Is there an exhaust bellows boot to correct this problem??

"If they will fit I would use

"If they will fit I would use them. No disadvantages, and there is actually an advantage--less chance of sucking water into the motor.

JEff"

"Jim, I'm sure M/C has a

"Jim, I'm sure M/C has a kit for it, in case they don't, you can use a length of 4" marine exhaust hose in place of the original bellows. There is no need for the wire reinforced hose, but be sure to double clamp both ends."

"Boy, am I dumb! I was thinki

"Boy, am I dumb! I was thinking you wanted to use risers that were an inch TALLER, not larger in diameter. Sheesh.

Jeff"

"Jim, I have the 4" risers

"Jim, I have the 4" risers on my 4.3LX. They have a straight 4" hose that connects the end of the riser to a 4" elbow, and aother 4" hose that connects the elbow to the "Y" pipe. If your setup is the same, you will need to use a 4" hose to the 3" elbow, and either use some sort of reducing bushing, or clamp the daylights out of the 4" hose onto the 3" elbow!"

Back