Logo

Shift interupts that work to well

ratmower

Advanced Contributor
"Hey Learned Ones.

After dr

"Hey Learned Ones.

After driving my floating weekend office around for the last 4 years with no shift interupts, I finaly got the urge and pulled my old switches apart and repaired them and rewired them with a new section of harness back into the systom.

I grounded one side of the switch to the coil mounting bolt and the other to the negitive coil terminal but the trouble is they work a little too well and instead of giving my engines a hickup they are choking them and I am stalling them out half of the time.

Would there be any point in me wiring in some resistance on the earth side of the switch to try and reduce the effectivness of my new section of harness or am I just clutching at straws.

Any ideas would be welcome.

Cheers

Peter C
smile.gif
"

"Ayuh,...

Odds are the lowe

"Ayuh,...

Odds are the lower shift cable is dragging causing the problem,..
Not the switch..."

"Thanks Bondo and Scott.

I

"Thanks Bondo and Scott.

I hadnt given the shift cables any thought Bondo because they have probably only done 50 hrs since I replaced them but I suppose they still could be the issue.

There is a fair bit of spring tension on the switches Scott but I will check it out over the weekend and see what I can find.

Thanks again

Cheers

peter C
smile.gif
"

"Ayuh,... You do have the fac

"Ayuh,... You do have the factory manuals for your motors,+ drives,..?? Right,..??

There's links around here,... I'll post it up if you need it.."

"Thanks for that Bondo
I am O

"Thanks for that Bondo
I am OK in that area, I have a genuine manual as well as a Clymer manual that someone gave me so I should be fine, thanks for the offer though,its much appreciated.

Cheers
Peter C
smile.gif
"

Back