Logo

Home made bellows tool

jansteam40

Contributing Member
hi guys does anyone have any d

hi guys does anyone have any dimensions or photos drawings etc of home made bellows expansion tool for an alpha one gen two
these tools are hard to get hold of in the uk at a reasonable price so i want to make my own
thanks in advance

Lay the bellows in direct sunl

Lay the bellows in direct sunlight for 30 min. before installation to soften them.

Look above under "search" and insert "bellows tool" and selct 10 days under "Mercruiser". Somebody said something recently.

"Previously posted by Warren J

"Previously posted by Warren Jones:

Posted on Thursday, November 13, 2008 - 06:33 pm:

--------------------------------------------------
Only done it two times on my Pre Alpha and they are telling you straight. It would help to have cast iron knuckles or plenty of bandaids. All the edges are sharp as razors. I made a bellows tool by fastening six thin oak strips onto a tennis ball with hot-melt glue, the 18" long strips evenly spaced around the ball. Poke the thing into the bellows and squeeze down on the ends, expanding the blind end and slip it onto the drive hub. Ain't easy - can't see what you're doing most of the time."

"lay them in the sun for 30 mi

"lay them in the sun for 30 mins , were in the uk cornwall were lucky to get 20 mins sun but i know what you mean"

dip the ends in hot water for

dip the ends in hot water for 20 secs. and dry w/a clean towel just before installation.

"ok got the warm it up bit mak

"ok got the warm it up bit makes sense realy but could do with a drawing of a bellows expander , do any of you guys have one that you could do a drawring of with measurments for me
thanks again"

Back