Whats the Weather Like

ratmower

Advanced Contributor
"Hey Guys

Did you miss me ?

"Hey Guys

Did you miss me ?
wink.gif

Whats the weather and more importantly the boating like over on the dark side or the planet.

Life has been a little too Hectic in the last 12 months so you will have to excuse my absence.
I will buzz in from time to time untill my work load settles down a bit in May and then I will try to get back to being an active participant on the forum again.

Good to see the people who are the backbone of this forum and undoubtably some of the most talented Merc techs on the planet are still here.

(you know who you are)

Keep it up guys

Cheers from the Boy Down Under
smile.gif

Peter C"

"I thought one of your custome

"I thought one of your customers sunk your boat w/you on it!
rofl.gif
Welcome back ratmower."

"Guy
You always say the nices

"Guy
You always say the nicest things, why is that so ?
Bert
As we start the downhill run to our winter now I am prepared to lend you the sunny weather for a few months while we cool off for a while, mind you the weather for boating this season has been the best in a long time.

Its just a pity I only got mine back in the water 4 weeks ago
sad.gif

Never mind these things happen, another drowned engine and a couple of bulkheads under the front engine mounts to rebuild took a bit longer than expected.

Cheers Everyone

Peter C"

Peter...

People were wander

Peter...

People were wandering what was going on in the land of Oz. Keep us posted. We're just about to get our boats out of the barns and get them wet. Glad to see you're still alive and kicking.

Wrench

"Hey Wrench

In my land of O

"Hey Wrench

In my land of Oz today it is a warm 31 degree c with a very light NE breeze whispering by, ideal boating conditions and I am trapped in my W/shop while my boat swings away on its mooring.

Boy am I PI*^#D OFF
angry.gif

Its good to hear you will be floating again soon.

Cheers
The boy from Oz"

"Don't be too PO'd at

"Don't be too PO'd at least your boat is in the water! We just had a rain/snow mix today it feels like boating season around Puget Sound is months away still.
"

"Puget
I should be more thank

"Puget
I should be more thankfull I know, it could be worse and I could live in your part of the world
wink.gif

Just Kidding
happy.gif

I have family living in Seattle at present who are over there working with our Air Force on Australias new strike fighter project.

They tell us it is a great place to live except for the climate, although they like to snow ski so they are enjoying that part of the job.

As for me I will stick to my climate where a cold winters day might get down to 5 degree c but you can still go boating all year round and some of our best boating times are in winter

Cheers
Peter C
smile.gif
"

"Too dang many poisonous spide

"Too dang many poisonous spiders, scorpions and SNAKES that would kill me by just looking at me!!!!! My ticker would not take the shock of a look nor even a bite.

I would have to have spider eating birds and a mongoose as indoor pets."

"Common Guy
I am with Chris,

"Common Guy
I am with Chris, you need to harden up a bit.

Hey Chris, we have mozzies down here they call Hexam Grey's, people that live around the Hexam Swamp areas north/west of Newcastle wont let their pets go out at night because they are scared they will get carried away.

Here is a sample

Cheers

Peter C
smile.gif
251286.jpg
Ossie the Mossie

"Hey Chris
You live in a nice

"Hey Chris
You live in a nice part of the world mate.

Fraser Island and the Harvey Bay areas are one of my favorite spots.

Cheers
Peter C
smile.gif
"

Welcome back Pete! I've be

Welcome back Pete! I've been out myself for the past couple months. Now hammering through my laundry list of stuff to fix on the Big Blind. For every 2 things off the list I find 1 to add.

Scotch and cigars on me when you get to DC.

"Peter:

I guess you are rig

"Peter:

I guess you are right. I can handle the little creatures. Over here the bears, the Kodiak is 3.25 meters tall (in Alaska), the Grisley is 3+ meters tall and the Black is 2.66 meters tall and mountain lions are 2+ meters long in the mountainous western states are the deadliest carnivores on four legs. They kill or mame numerous idots that get too close or accidentally run into them while hiking. I've seen some gruesome videos and pictures."

"Hey Mr Hays

Nice to hear f

"Hey Mr Hays

Nice to hear from you.

Hows that big barg of yours going, it doesnt seem to be equiped with those nice hood ornaments that your last boat was fitted out with, as displayed in some of the pictures you previously posted
crazy.gif

You can have the cigars when I visit but I am sure we can put a dent in bottle of scotch or 3.

Cheers

Peter C
smile.gif
"

"Guy
You see its just the att

"Guy
You see its just the attitude in your part of the world, everyone thinks it needs to be big to be better.

Where as over here we like the sneaky little things like the tiny little Iricongi jellyfish which is about the size of a small fingernail and is so translucent that it is almost invisable in water but its sting can cause a painfull slow death.

welcome to our world.

Cheers
Peter C
smile.gif
"

Peter:

It's just a comp

Peter:

It's just a comparison of being eaten alive by a large critters versus dying a slow painful death at the sting of your jellyfish and other critters that pack a wallop of pain and death in a small package. Don't like either one!!!

Cheers to all in Oz and the rest of the water loving world.

"BTW. Pete, must have been one

"BTW. Pete, must have been one of the Hexam Greys that landed at the Hervey Bay airport last night. They pumped 25000 liters of fuel into it before the ground crew realised what it was !!

lol.gif
"

"Now I know your just pulling

"Now I know your just pulling my leg Cris,

Byplanes dont hold that much fuel.

Cheers

Peter C
smile.gif
"

Back