Logo

Help volvo 290 wont flow water

ct20sutphen

I am new to boating and althou

I am new to boating and although I have drag raced and built my own cars for years I am lost with this outdrive stuff.
I have an issue with a bost that hasn't run in along time. I put in a new engine and it get's water through it just fine from the drive tube hose forward.
Unfortunately I can't get anywater through the drive itself. Even if I pressurize it. Nothing!!
Not even if I try and flow the water back through the drive.
What could be restricting this??
Is there anything in there or is it s straight through tube. I know otboards have an impeller but I thought that was all done in the sea water pump on these.
Thanks for any help.

"It is a straight tube.

Yo

"It is a straight tube.

You may want to remove the hose connector and check that it is in good condition. If it is severely corroded, it could have plugged the top of the tube.

25089.jpg
"

"Is the boat in he water or ar

"Is the boat in he water or are you using a flush kit? Any air leaks through the drive or elsewhere means you'll lose suction. Since you can get water through the system from the drive tube forward, the problem clearly is the drive itself. If using a flush kit to check the system, I would try submerging the outdrive into a tub of water with your garden hose in it and ensure all pickups are submerged. If you still cannot get water thru the drive, a water passage in the drive is clogged or the drive is leaking air somewhere."

Back