Logo

23 manifold high rise likage

mayolg

When I have my engine running

When I have my engine running after a few minutes there is a constant drop or two of water coming out of the gasket between the manifold and the high rise. Is this a big concern? Should I just try to tighten the bolts? Should I just get the gasket? or do you think the manifold could be cracked? how do I check if it is in fact cracked?

"[b]"Is this a big concern

""Is this a big concern? "

Ayuh,... If it's leaking Out,.. It's probably leaking In as well...

Take it apart,+ atleast change the gasket....
Unless the manifold, or riser gasket surfaces are Bad,...
Then you'll need some New parts.."

the gaskets for that manifold

the gaskets for that manifold are not very expensive you can get both gaskets from this site for less than 15 dollars part nubers 18-0430 and 18-0401. pull the manifold and pressure test it. better to find a crack now than when your on the lake. if the anifold is cracked you can get it and the riser fro this website part number0986041

"Where do they usually crack?

"Where do they usually crack? is there an specific part? I really dont think thats my case but you never know... thanks,"

there really is no usual place

there really is no usual place where a manifold cracks. you just have to give it a good inspection and pressure test it. I put the manifolds under water when I pressure test them.

"I just took the oil stick out

"I just took the oil stick out and notice that the oil is milky, which as you know means that there is water in there too. Since the engine is working without any problems I dont think that a head gasket or something of that nature is broken. Im sure that my problem is with the e. manifold and the high rise gasket since that is where I first saw drops of water coming out of. Any advise? do you think that if that gasket is broken I will have oil in my engine or should I look at something else? thanks"

"Hi. I had the exact same prob

"Hi. I had the exact same problem with my omc. I don`t wanna scare you but my manifold had leaked some time to one of the cylinders(no4)maybe no3 too. I had water in the engine oil, saw that when I changed the oil in the autumn (no milky oil on the dipstick). Had to replace the manifold and the riser. Had to go thru the whole cylinder head, new valves, seats, guides etc. and had to grind off the corrosion of 2 cylinders exhaust ports. The shop milled all 3 gasket surfaces too. I hope you don`t have to do this much work with yours. I have a tread in another boating forum."

Back