Logo

Harm balancer pulled apart merc350

jconti

"hi again,

when i removed m

"hi again,

when i removed my harmonic balancer (i think with the wrong kind of puller) , the outer ring seperated from the hub. there was a thin rubber in between them. i scratched line up marks on both pieces. can they successfully be put back together? i have a press. i'm just worried about how to get that rubber piece to stay just in the right spot. again, i appreciate the great help.

79' century, merc. 350 (5.7) 898 outdrive, mallory point ignition, 2bbl mercarb"

Replace it....and definitely u

Replace it....and definitely use the right puller for the next time. The correct puller attaches to the inner hub with bolts.

yea definatly replace it dont

yea definatly replace it dont attemp to use the old one as it will cost you some serius money those have to be perfectly balanced

"Ayuh,...
Don't even Thin

"Ayuh,...
Don't even Think about putting it back together,...
You need a New balancer..."

"You can use a balancer from a

"You can use a balancer from a truck or van engine but there are 2 different versions. You need the narrower one. The wider one has timing mark in the wrong place for marine use. Also 2 diameters, 6.5 inches and 8 inches."

"so, as long as the width and

"so, as long as the width and diameter is correct, then it will work, and the timing mark will be correctly placed in relation to the keyway in the hub? can i asume this, or should i still check t.d.c. on #1 cyl. in relation to the timing mark on harm. bal."

Jeremiah just match up everyth

Jeremiah just match up everything from the old to the new and make sure all is same I.E timing mark.keyway. thickness. and u should b fine

Back