Logo

Volvo penta Raymarine interface

sailingbuddy

"I connected my engine Volvo-P

"I connected my engine Volvo-Penta D1-20 to my Raymarine C70 Multifunction display using the SeaTalk 2 port (which is NMEA 2000) and the Volvo-Penta NMEA2000 Gateway (part Number 3889757). I also tried to connect a Volvo-Penta D2-75 to a Raymarine E80 Multifunction display. Both engines are EVC and the latest software Ver. 4.29 is installed on the raymarine multifunction displays

I have tried the following options and the results are always the same. I tried 2 x NMEA 2000 gateways with 2 different Y- split cables (part number3588206)

1. NMEA2000 Gateway (part Number 3889757) connected to NMEA 2000 network including tee's, terminators and power connectors to connect The Volvo Penta D1-20 to the Raymarine C70

2. NMEA2000 Gateway (part Number 3889757) connected to NMEA 2000 network including tee's, terminators and power connectors to connect The Volvo Penta D2-75 to the Raymarine E80

3. NMEA2000 Gateway (part Number 3889757) connected to Raymarine ST2 - 5 Way Junction Block, ST2 terminators and ST2 power cable to connect The Volvo Penta D1-20 to the Raymarine C70

4. NMEA2000 Gateway (part Number 3889757) connected to Raymarine ST2 - 5 Way Junction Block, ST2 terminators and ST2 power cable to connect The Volvo Penta D2-75 to the Raymarine E80

In all the above mentioned options the Tach, engine hrs, coolant temperature and Alternator reading worked fine however no reading were displayed for the Oil Pressure and load. while the fuel flow always displays 0.01 l/hr. Fuel Level is also not displayed but I might need to connect the fuel sender unit to the fuel tank connectors on the MDI (new engine electrical box). Boost reading on the D2-75 also did not work.

Do you have any ideas on what I need to do to get these readings on my C70 or E80 as it seems that the issue is not a faulty module or faulty sender unit as both engines and both multifunction displays are displaying the same data."

"No I was told that it was a m

"No I was told that it was a matter of PLug and Play,(or plug and Pray
) the only thing I did was enable 'ST290' on Raymarine in the system integration menu, to get the data on screen.

Is there anything else I need to do?"

"Yes, Until you tell it it is

"Yes, Until you tell it it is there, the engine electronics does not recognize the new hardware. I won't try and tell you how to do an autoconfig but it should be in your manual. EVC is different than EDC and the multi-function panel is different than the standard engine panel.

Autoconfig is like rebooting your computer, it identifies all hardware in the system and allows the information from that hardware into the data steam.

I feel after you have done this, your system will work fine.

Good luck,
Rick"

"Hello Gilbert,
I also own a

"Hello Gilbert,
I also own a C70 and a Volvo D1-20B engine. Just purchased the NMEA2000 adapter from Volvo, which has a twistlock connector. I anyway can't get the information on which parts/cables I need to connect it to the Seatalk2 connector in my C70. I guess you cannot connect it directly and must create a real NMEA2000 network. Could you post here which cables you used for that?
I think I need the Seatalk2 -> NMEA2000 cable from Raymarine (I think it is part# E55053. Do you know if it work with C70? It only talks about E series displays) and a NMEA2000 network startter kit (2 terminals, 2 T's and a trunk cable)
I'd better make the standard NMEA 2000 network that the propietary Seatalk2 network with Raymarine parts.

Do you know any shop who knows about all this staff in Europe so I can order parts on Internet?

Thanks for any information and greetings from Valencia."

"Yes you are right you need th

"Yes you are right you need the Seatalk2 -> NMEA2000 cable from Raymarine. It will work with C70. You can use eighter the standard NMEA2000 network startter kit, or Raymarine ST2 network. You will get same result only a little cheaper if you go for standard NMEA 2000. So its up to you.

I bought my NMEA 2000 network parts from - http://www.osukl.com/"

"Thanks a lot for your replay.

"Thanks a lot for your replay. I'll definetly go for the NMEA2000 network. Could you please tell me the part number/link to Raymarine web for the Seatalk2->Nmea2000 adapter cable in the C70 diplay?
I've found the cable for the E series display (part number E55053) but E series have a different Seatalk2 connector; their Seatalk2 seems Micro/Mid NMEA2000 twistlock, while C series is a propetary Seatalk2 connection.
288852.png"" alt=""C70 Seatalk2 connector

"I could not find the cable to

"I could not find the cable to connect the (C70) ST2 to a NMEA 2000 network so I bought a 1m ST2 cable (plug- wire)E05041 and a Micro male NMEA 2000 cable(plug- wire) and connected them together, putting same colours together. The NMEA2000 twistlock end goes to the NMEA network while the E05041 plug goes into the seatalk 2 of your c 70"

"I've found the cable Seat

"I've found the cable Seatalk2<->Nmea2000 for C series, which is part number A06027, but it is not shown in Raymarine's web site so might have been discontinued. I'll make one the way you did. Thanks for the information,
Ignacio
P.D:: The cable you mention is E25041 I believe :)"

"I’m in the process of perform

"I’m in the process of performing this same setup. For the Volvo GW, (PN: 3889757) I’m trying to locate information on the part. Does any have a link to the technical specs on this part?"

Hi, great tread, I plan on connecting a volvo d2-40f to a c-70.
Can I use the Garmin Starter Network kit?
If I understod correctly I have to connect the volvo y-cable to the network starter kit and than the Raymarine cable (nmea2000 to seatalk 2)

I know the tread is old but if there are still someone listeng I be glad for the help.

Back