Logo

NS55B no acceleration

kakarot

"My ns55b starts great, idles

"My ns55b starts great, idles good, and revs fine using the warm up lever on the control and when the boat is not in the water. Once the boat is in the water it will not build rpm's while trying to go forward or in reverse even though the throttle plates are at wide open. It ran great when i parked it last october and this was the first outing this year. I don't remember stabilizing the fuel last year."

Carbed engine? Sounds like pl

Carbed engine? Sounds like plugged low speed circuit/jets. Always stabilze the fuel over the winter. You should also get into the habit of starting the engine every 2 weeks to keep the internal moving parts and cylinder walls coated in a film of oil. Especially if it lives outdoors.

"Thanks for the feedback, I di

"Thanks for the feedback, I disassembled and cleaned the carbs and it seems to be running better but the real test will be in the water. There was no fuel in the bottom carb bowl. I did notice some fuel coming out of a hole(port) in the bottom carb after i reassembled it, not sure what that means, I was wondering if it was getting too much gas now. Any ideas?"

Back