Logo

Oil presure gauge prob

ged

Contributing Member
"Hi all.the boats been parked

"Hi all.the boats been parked up for a few months in the garage. went to it this morning turned ignition on and the oil pressure gauge went right over to the top of the scale and hits the stop without starting the motor, tried a few times does same thing. so disconected both the oil pressure senders at the motor end, tried the ignition again and it still hit the top of the scale. any ideas please. formula 242 ls. 502 motor 1991 thanks Ged"

possibly Burt but just seems s

possibly Burt but just seems strange all was ok last time i used it.

Corrosion developed over the l

Corrosion developed over the layup. Check behind the gauges and the main engine barrell plug.

[i]just seems strange all was

just seems strange all was ok last time i used it
everything works fine until it doesn't

mine done the same thing i unh

mine done the same thing i unhooked the neg terminal and unhooked the main engine plug and cleaned as good as i could get and reinstalled them in reverse order and that corrected it. but its possible that a small critter may have taken up residence and chewed some wires

"thanks for all the ideas guys

"thanks for all the ideas guys, another question. on the barrel plug should one of the small pins be shorter than the rest by about 1/4 of an inch or has one of mine gone in, tried to pull it out but seems firm."

Back