Logo

2005 Tohatsu 30hpbogging down

jcumbee

"I purchased a tohatsu 30hp 4

"I purchased a tohatsu 30hp 4 stroke in 2005 in conjunction with a 16' lowe jon boat. It has ran flawlessly until this January. While duck hunting one morning, I was going down the creek at about half throttle and the engine suddenly sounded like it was choked and wasnt getting gas. Soon after it started running fine. This lasted for a short while until it finally bogged down and cut off. After an hour of letting it rest and after a lot of tries, it finally cranked and got us back to the dock. Since that time it has been doing the same thing. Some times it runs great but suddenly will act like it is bogging down, at which time you can smell gas in the exhaust, and then will start running smooth again. I replaced my fuel filter, cleaned my gas tank and installed an aftermarket fuel/water separater. It is still having problems. Does this sound like my carburators need cleaning? If so, is it feesable for an average person to remove the 3 carburators and clean them?"

Clean the carbs...I would sugg

Clean the carbs...I would suggest that you let a dealer do it as adjusting them afterward is not for the novice.

Back