Logo

Propeller for 43 V6 Alpha 1

"Had a bit of damage to my s/s

"Had a bit of damage to my s/s prop so bought a spare alluminium one until I get the other repaired.
The S/S prop is a 23 pitch Quiksilver part no' 4811074A4023p. The aluminium one I bought is also 23 pitch (Michigan Wheel brand)Part no' 487812A4023p.
My original S/S prop worked perfectly, able to trim right out with no cavitation, great top speed, good holeshot, flat out full throttle turns no problem. The aluminium one is a different story, trim out a little too far and it loses grip, take off too fast and it cavitates, lost 5 mph off WOT speed, cavitates badly in tight turns. Both props look the same except one is S/S the other aluminium!! Does anyone have any ideas about this?"

i would have to say that the a

i would have to say that the aluminum one is flexing a bit where the stainless is solid

Steven is on the money in my b

Steven is on the money in my book...aluminum props actually bend under a load.

"I agree..., but they also ben

"I agree..., but they also bend when you hit something underwater, saving the prop shaft from having to bend.

Wrench"

"Thanks guys for your comments

"Thanks guys for your comments. I didn't realise there would be so much difference between an alloy prop and a S/S one. It really feels bad, it's like driving a car with a slipping auto transmission."

Don`t know how much truth ther

Don`t know how much truth there is to it but I`ve always been told that when going from an aluminum prop to a ss prop you can increase one step in pitch. If this is true then I guess doing the reverse would also need an adjustment in pitch.

Back