Logo

KAD43 wonbt get above 2000 rpm under load

bwana_mark

"We have a boat with a Volvo K

"We have a boat with a Volvo KAD43 on Lake Victoria of Tanzania in Africa. It starts great and runs normal in neutral, but under load it only gets up to about 2000rpm.

It is difficult to get experienced help here. Please let me know if you have any advice!!!
Mark
[email protected]"

Have you checked your prop for

Have you checked your prop for growth. I had a similar problem and that was the cause.

"Thanks for the idea. Someone

"Thanks for the idea. Someone else suggested low compression or plugged fuel filters. I should have mentioned that I replaced filters, the hull is clean, the prop is good. I will check compression shortly but I'm sure it is good. My engine starts great. Diesels don't start well if they have low compression.
In doing lots of research I am thinking the problem is related to the supercharger / turbo. One of them is not working properly."

Try looking at your exhaust el

Try looking at your exhaust elbow. Sometimes that will get clogged with exhaust soot and that will reduce RPM's

"i have just run my cad 43 for

"i have just run my cad 43 for 8 hrs without the compressor belt on. once the turbo cut it it ran just the same. just a little sluggish on take off,
if you are only getting 2000 rpm
i would take a look at the turbo and see if it spins freely. if it has been stood for some time it could be siezed."

Back