Logo

Which is better perko or blue sea

jeremy27

Regular Contributor
I'm buying a battery switc

I'm buying a battery switch and wanted to know which is better a perko or blue sea.

they both are selector switches wih alternator field disconnect just having trouble making a decision on which one is better.

Thanks.

"Perko is good, but waaaaayyyy

"Perko is good, but waaaaayyyyy overpriced. Blue Sea is quality stuff, better in my opinion, and much less expensive. I use it every day."

"I priced them at the marine c

"I priced them at the marine close to my house and the perko was $30 dollors less than the blue sea.
which I don't mine the price,just want the one that is better no matter the price.

"rick" how long have you had your blue sea switch."

"I use the 600A HD switch for

"I use the 600A HD switch for my thruster installations. I pay $112.00 (wholesale) for the Perko or Guest, but only $76.00 for the Blue Sea.

I've been using these for 10+ years with no failures. The retail prices may be similar but I don't know, I only know my cost."

I have 2-1000cca batterys hook

I have 2-1000cca batterys hooked to a mercruiser 5.0 its all stock.

The only thing I have add is a new radio with a 12"sub and a 1000watt amp.

What do you think would be better.

"If you are setting it up as a

"If you are setting it up as a dual system, the one EJ linked to is my choice as well."

"I'm looking at a blue sea

"I'm looking at a blue sea model 9002e it's not a heavy duty like "ej" but it has alternator field disconnects and has a inrush amp of 1600,cranking is 700amp,intermittent of 600amp,and a continuous of 350amps with a 32 volts max.

Is that a good one.

or do I need a heavy duty one with the batterys I have."

Blue Sea is the way to go. Ev

Blue Sea is the way to go. Everything is tin coated copper...just like the better marine boat cable (wire) This stands up to salt water enviroment way better tha non tin copper. (like perko)

"yeah thats what people keep t

"yeah thats what people keep telling me, now I was wondering if the one I was looking at was good for what I have.

I have 2-1000cca batterys

the one I'm looking at is listed above,right above your post.

do you think it is good."

Email Blue Sea with your specs

Email Blue Sea with your specs..they will tell you what they reccommend. Who knows their switches better?

Back