Logo

305 50L EFI wonbt idle

colin

"5.0L efi hard to start then h

"5.0L efi hard to start then hunts until it cuts out. Plugs changed, fuel pump replaced (noisey), new plug leads and ignition sensor in distributor recently replaced. No faults recorded. Any ideas?"

IAC motor kaput? Temp. sensor

IAC motor kaput? Temp. sensor kaput? Throttle body dirty? Don' use CARB cleaner on it; use throttle body cleaner only.

"ECT replaced - throwing buzze

"ECT replaced - throwing buzzer off, flame arrestor cleaned, tb clean. What does carb cleaner do to tb?"

"ECT sensor replaced along wit

"ECT sensor replaced along with IAC, TPS, Fuel pump, ECM, ignition sensor, plugs and leads (have an identical engine) no faults coming up just hunts makes a rushing noise through t.b and dies. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!"

"The engine computer is not ge

"The engine computer is not getting one or more inputs w/in the proper operating range from the engine sensors so the engine "hunts" for it, can't find it and dies. This problem sounds like what a car computer will do when the comp. temperature sensor is dead. Not the temp. gauge sensor.

If you can find out what the sensor voltage outputs are supposed to be you could check them w/a DVM and find the culprit that way.

You could also verify what the regulated fuel pressure is supposed to be and check the regulator.

Pull the spark plugs to see what color they are; should be a light tan to medium brown color. White is too lean and black is too rich.

You probably need to get the engine scanned to determine which data inputs are out of range and go from there."

engine has a new temp sensor f

engine has a new temp sensor fitted. if fuel was leaking from regulator would it cause the symtoms i am descibing

I don't know. You could t

I don't know. You could try using an external fresh fuel source connected to the fuel inlet at the water separator.

Back